Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ingredients

This is going to have to be a group post of ingredients, because I am so far behind. Plus, I don't have pictures of several of the things I've made.

#6 - CRAB

Oh, how love crab! I have never bought it before because of the price. But, as I as walking in front of the seafood I saw a container of lump crab meat normally $15.99/ pound. It was on sale for $11.99, plus it had a $5 coupon attached. Well, I bought it and made the most UH-may-zing crab cakes. Paige ate one, I gave 2 to my next door neighbor and I ate the other 4. So glad my family didn't want any, but I still couldn't talk them out of eating my strawberry pie later that evening. Crab for me, is definitely a keeper . . . well, as long as I can get it on sale!

#7 - COD

I wanted to make homemade fish sticks and once again found myself in front of the seafood. I couldn't find the recipe I wanted to use so I did this instead. If you decide to do this, read the reviews first because I made the changes recommended. Everyone LOVED this recipe. Ethan had 2 whole fillets! This is a keeper.

#8 - Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

I get the Rachel Ray magazine and a recipe I wanted to try had this ingredient in it. Little did I know that a pound of this cheese was $24.99/lb if I bought the Boars Head brand (which is what I prefer). So, I bought another brand for a whopping $11.99/lb. The recipe was pretty bland, but we all loved the new cheese. The cheese will be purchased again, but the recipe won't be repeated. (Notice I've used asparagus again. I make it at least once a week now!)

#9 - Baby Back Ribs

Never have bought ribs before, but they are oh so yummy! I didn't really like the way they turned out, but I am willing to try again. I think the grill was just to high so we ate a little bit of crispy ribs.

#10 - Bok Choy

Didn't get a chance to use it before it went bad. Have an Asian salad recipe I'd like to use so I'll have to buy this again.

No comments: