Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This past month


I know I haven't written in a while. With David home all the time now and the kids having been tracked out, I wasn't on the computer much. Before David was laid off, we had made plans for over track out to go camping for a couple of days and to go the beach for a couple. Scattered through out all that, were going to be day trips of going to the zoo, going downtown, going to parks, etc. Well, all that changed. Since we have no idea how long he will be unemployed, we need to be extremely frugal with the money we have. I did a search on www.visitRaleigh.com and looked on the calender of events to find free, fun activities for the kids.

One Saturday we went to the RBC Center for the Caniac Festival. With about 20 different bounce houses, my kids had a blast.






We went camping the following Monday afternoon. (No pics. I forgot the camera) We swam in the lake went hiking, bike riding, played Uno, and ate Smores.

Thursday morning, we discovered if we got to the YMCA by 11:30, they would take the children to the tumble gym. That was a win/ win for me and the kids.

Saturday I found another free activity at the North Carolina Museum of History. They were celebrating Colonial Days with a free entrance to the George Washington exhibit. The kids loved all the activities there for them (writing with a quill pen, wheel of knowledge, colonial toys/ food, projects, dress up, movies, etc.) I loved the exhibit and look forward to a time when I'll be able to read all the info in a museum again. But, I know the pictures on the wall sure were pretty!




The next week we did crafts around the house, played with friends, baked, went to see the movie Cats vs. Dogs (so painfully dumb), and went to the NC Natural History Museum. My good friend Serena joined us for the fun.









Sand sculpture outside the museums on "Freedom Plaza."


This was out my kitchen window after days and days of rain. It was a double rainbow, but it didn't show up.



On a different note, we are continuously praying for David to find a job quickly. I am so grateful for our prophets council of having a year supply of food. It has already helped us. But currently, we are living more off of the three month supply. Thanks goodness I have two freezers full of food and canned goods to help us through. Both of us feel it may be for the long haul, so we are living accordingly.

No comments: