Sunday, October 24, 2010

Change

Today was our Stake Conference and there were certainly changes! Last week David was asked to be the Financial clerk for a NEW ward (Wake Forest 2nd) which was being created. So, when they announced him as being part of the Wake Forest 1st Ward, rather than Wake Forest 2nd, we were still sitting down looking around confused. But all is well and we are in the Wake Forest 1st ward where we were 7 years ago when we moved to the area. So if anyone from my ward saw that I was sitting and not sustaining my husband, it was unintentional! :)

I don't mind changes. It gives me a chance to grow, meet new people, and to serve in a different capacity. I am already realizing the amount of people I will no longer see on Sundays, during Relief Society activities and all my CTR 4 children I will no longer teach. I love those kids. After 2 years, they hold a special place in my heart. I'm sure it will take a couple of weeks to get acclamated, and that's okay. I know we are where the Lord wants us to be.

So, here's to a new adventure.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I'm glad they kept us together!

I saw that you didn't stand up and it made me think that I was in the wrong ward! Too funny!

Erin Marriott said...

I miss seeing you Rebecca! How are you? I'm glad you were able to come to Lindsay's shower. I wish I could have sat on the couch and chatted with you though! I guess I was a little busy :)I love what you said about how the prophets have always told us to have a year supply of food. How true. And I'm sure you are so grateful to have that right now. I can't imagine not having that security. You are an amazing person. Always so positive, and I love all the free things you were able to do with your children during track out! They will remember doing fun and educational things, not how much it cost. You're such a great mom. We should do a girls night out sometime soon, I'd love to see you and all our other friends!

Erin Marriott said...

woops I didn't mean for that to be so long, sorry :)