Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Utah Vacation

We have been home from our trip for two months. Sad, I know, that I am just now getting around to posting some pics. David's sister was going to compile all the pictures and send them out. Since I haven't received them yet, my small amount will have to suffice.

We went out for the Fisher family reunion. Here's what we did:

ATV 5 mile Pass
Baby shower for Sister-in-Law Katrina
Legacy Center for swimming
BBQ at Fishers for friends and family
Liberty Park
Brother-in-law Richie shot a family movie where we each had parts
Games
Geo-Caching
bought Temple dress (FINALLY!)
Family History Night
Service Project of Helping David's sister, Tanya clean her house and move
Service Project of making school bags for church
Sweet's Candy factory tour
AMAZING RACE!! (Grandpa Fisher was in charge of it this year. So much fun!)
Kennecott mines
Thanksgiving Point
Cabela's

While I really have no desire to live or raise my children in Utah, I would move there tomorrow just to be near David's family. I love each of them so much and hate not having my children being able to grow up with their grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins. Without a doubt David was born into an amazing family filled with the best people I know. His mom has helped mold my life and I try to emulate her as much as possible. My goal is to have all of my children sealed in the temple like in his family. While she does admit to having easy kids, I see that this goal is possible! We have been trying to move out to Utah for years, let's hope that when David finishes his MBA, if we can't stay in NC, we'll get a job out there to be by his family. I miss them so much it literally hurts sometimes! Well, on to the pictures! Enjoy!

Katrina's baby shower (Paige and Rylee opted out of the shower because, in Rylee's words, "I'm to young to die from boredom!"
David's sister Jennifer loves formal tea parties. She threw the shower.

All the grandchildren outside of Cabela's. Another grandchild was born yesterday!

Grandma Fisher and Evan admiring the animals in Cabela's

Paige at Thanksgiving Point

Our normal family pic shot at Thanksgiving Point


I have no idea what I'm doing here.

This is just one of the tires for the big dump trucks that drive on the roads below. Each of these tires cost $25K!

Kennecott mines. Each of those ledges are actually a road.

This years movie was on Nursery Rhymns. Ethan was Aladdin! See his red hat?

David's younger sister, Carolyn and her middle child, Jonathan.

Paige holding Cordelia, Carolyn and Richie's youngest child.

Alex~Carolyn's oldest.
Nathaniel and Jeff (David's brother-in-law and nephew)

Celebrating Father's Day with Richie, David, and Grandpa Fisher. David's holding Cordelia

ATVing!!!!


These views were amazing. Next time, though, I'll wear a sports bra. They don't call it the Rockies for nothing!

2 comments:

Erin said...

LOVED your post! Selfishly, I do NOT want you moving to Utah, but I totally understand why you want to!

I love the Amazing Race idea! How fun! And, thanks for letting us all know what we need to pack to go ATVing in the Rockies.

:-)

lys said...

And, WHAT?, you didn't come visit me???!!! (We live right around the bend from Thanksgiving Point!) We'll count on you for next year. ;)