Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Modified Success

Last Tuesday I went to our State Farmers Market. I love the place. Whatever we aren't growing in our garden, I can find there. It's cheaper than our grocery stores and it's local. So, two pluses from me. I know it was getting close to the end of peach season and I hadn't canned anything. So, after buying a slew of other things, I also bought 90 pounds of peaches. Yep, 90 POUNDS! The plan was to slice and can like I had the year before. Paige is allergic to most fruit, but peaches are one thing she's not. So, being in the "year-supply" mode, I wanted to stock up.

The peaches were AWFUL! I had come home, found a ripe one, eagerly took a huge bite, and just as eagerly spit it into the sink.

So, Plan B.

I made peach sauce. With a little cinnamon and sugar, we had a winner.



Next year, I'll buy in the beginning of July and will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, buy white peaches again.

1 comment:

lys said...

90 pounds of bad peaches?!!! Could you go back and at least some sort of refund? You shouldn't have to keep 90 pounds of bad fruit.